Friday, May 27, 2011

Tragedy hits near home.

As most people know there was an F5 tornado that hit Joplin, MO last Sunday May 22, 2011. It wrecked destruction throughout the town and the death toll is currently 125. My heart goes out to all of those you had to endure the tragedy. My great friend Amy Greene and I are going to Joplin this weekend to help clean up. The loss is bringing, not only the Ozarks but also the United States together. Men and women have been working nonstop to find survivors and clear the debri for volunteers to come. On the news, there are heart felt stories about heros putting themselves in harms way to protect those they love. It seems so surreal, because I am from the Ozarks and knowing that the damage hits close to home makes me want to reach out and give a helping hand. I can only imagine that they would do the same for my town if the moment arises. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

No comments:

Post a Comment